Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 4 - Oahu. Making Leis, Manoa Falls, Udon and Sunset Beach

Wow! We were tired last night! We all just fell into bed. Today was a restful day. The kids went straight down to the pool after breakfast and then kukui nut lei making in the hotel lobby at 10:00am. The leis were actually really nice and no cost!
Kukui nut leis
We went down to the Marukame Udon restaurant for lunch just around the corner from our hotel. We knew it must be good because there is an hour line up in the evenings. 
Marukame Udon Restaurant
After lunch we drove the 20mins to the base of Manoa Falls. We were warned that it would be muddy and muddy it was. 
Hiking to the falls
The jungle
Manoa Falls

Back to the hotel. The kids went for a swim and I had a two hour nap. Driving is tiring!We ended the evening with a swim at the beach down at Waikiki. 
Sunset at Waikiki
Tomorrow afternoon we are off to Kona on the Big Island.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so good to see the Waterman's having fun. Enjoy Kona and I look forward to future blogs. I hope to see you this summer.
Nat

Anita Neufeld said...

You have been very busy! You haven't adopted the Hawaiian pace of life yet! Those noodles look super good tho! Have a great flight. It is pouring rain here. Pas de rainbows.
Take Care!
Anita

Anita Neufeld said...

Ps. Glad to see the updated book list. How is the Dan Brown book? Can I read it when you are done?

We are the H2omans said...

Thanks for your comments. Great to hear from you gnat. Its a shame you couldn't meet us at the beginning and end of our trip this time too. Maybe if we had warned you!

Yes, meets, you can have The Lost Symbol when I get back. I am about 1/2 way through so if we can slow this relentless pace I may even be able to read a few pages this week!
Sorry to hear about the rain.
Barge