PART THREE
All I can say is the roads are better in the Maritimes. Now, does anyone know a good marriage counselor in the area? Let’s just say it was a loooong drive from Valcartier to our final destination just East of Frederickton. It was hot, I was hungry, we got lost more than once and we very nearly ran out of gas. My stress meter was up at 15 and it only goes to 10. We were on the road a total 11 hours.
Part of the problem was the address for the campground that we were trying to find. The address is not very specific and google did their best to drop a pin in the approximate location. It all makes good sense in the cold light of day but when the fuel light has been blinking and pinging at you for the past 20mins it was hard to see the humour through the red fog. The good news is we got gas, I ate (always a good move) and we found the campsite in the end. It is located on the shore of Grand Lake (I guess the name ‘Great Lake’) has been a little over used and the Mohawk Campsite was awesome!
The kids took a dip in the lake and well, we are all ok now.
I forgot to mention the highlight of our day. We went to the french fry capital of the world. A potato museum, located next to the McCain Technology centre, claimed to have the best french fries. I was hungry and can always eat french fries so we went in and I said ‘Let’s assume that I never come back here again what french fries ‘must’ I eat?’ There were many choices - hot, super hot, poutine, with cheese and bacon, chocolate sauce, with cinnamon and sugar. What? These fries must be fabulous! We’ll take the cheese and bacon fries.
Let’s just say that the McCain connection should have tipped me off. What came out from the kitchen were basically your out of a plastic bag McCain frozen french fries with some cheese and bacon bits on top. Nothing gourmet, nothing even special. Maybe something you would throw together at 11:00pm when you have the munchies and the pizza place is closed. I have a good guess as to how the chocolate sauce and cinnamon fries would have turned out.
![]() |
| French Fry Capital of The World! |
| Grand Lake, New Brunswick |


2 comments:
Ok, I have to leave a comment on the French Fry Capital of Canada. I'm very disappointed it was disappointing. As someone who loves fries.... well I feel betrayed somehow. And I wasn't even there.
mmm fries!!!!!
love and light
Post a Comment